DescriptionBig Rock Candy Mountain Sevier River Challenge is an endurance event that will take place on August 3. Participants will compete on an approximately 5 mile course that includes running, obstacles, river challenges and PLENTY of fun.
The competiton takes place at Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort, located on Historic Highway 89, between Piute and Sevier Counties.
This competition is a timed event, participant completing all the challenges in the fastest time wins. If you are part of a team, individual scores will be averaged to come up with the best total score.
1st Prize: Big Rock Candy Mountain Adventure Package
Log Cabin, Whitewater Rafting, Canopy Zipline, and Adventure Mountain for 4 people
Click the links below to read more about the items included in the Big Rock Candy Mountain Adventure Package
2nd Prize: Mesquite Adventure Package
1 night Motel Stay at the Eureka Casino Resort, Choice of Adventure Tour (ATV Tour, Lake Mead Kayak Tour, or Valley of Fire Rappelling), for 2 people
Click the links below to read about the items available in the Mesquite Adventure Package
3rd Prize: $100 Cash Prize
Registration and Fees
Individual: $30 per person
Team of 4: $100
Team of 6: $120
If you have a voucher or gift certificate you are using for payment, you will enter that code when you get to the payment screen of the online reservation process. Choose to pay full amount of payment, and then under "APPLY VOUCHER/GIFT CARD PAYMENT", choose your voucher or gift certificate type from the Drop Down Menu, enter the code in the box, and click APPLY. See sample screenshot below:
Rules and Policies
- Must be 6 or older to enter competition.
- Participants under 18 must have Participant Agreement signed by parent/guardian.
- Participants under 14 must have parent/guardian present at the event.
- This is an endurance event that requires running, crawling, climbing, wading through rivers, and various other strenous physical activities.
- Registration Fee is non refundable once registration is confirmed
- Photos and/or video will be taken during the competition, and the photos/videos will be posted on various websites
- The entire course is approximately 5 miles roundtrip. Participants will run, walk, swim, wade, crawl, and climb along the route that starts at the bridge at the Candy Mountain Express Bike Trail.
- Make your way across the Sevier River by swimming, wading, running or walking...it all depends on the River Level! Make your way to the next challenge...
- Run to First Obstacle
- Climb up, over and back down this challenging climbing wall that consists of a rope net on one side, and a "ladder" made of 2x4s on the other side. After making your way to the other side of this challenge, run to the next River Crossing.
- Make your way across the Sevier River by swimming, wading, running or walking...it all depends on the River Level! Make your way to the next challenge...When you get to the other side, you will be in the Big Rock Candy Mountain RV Park. Start running now until you get to the Ropes Course and more challenges. Approximately 1/2 mile to from RV Park to Ropes Course.
- Once at the Ropes Course, you will need to scale the stationary climbing wall (approximately 7' tall), complete the Tire Crossing, and crawl your way through the Net Cage. After you complete those challenges, you will cross the Sevier River again using the Tightope Crossing. Once you reach the other side, take off running to get to the next obstacle.
- An approximately 1.5 mile run will take you to the Ultimate Climbing Wall....scale this 30' foot wall and descend on the other side using the ladder made of 2x4s. When you reach the ground again, take off for your next River Crossing.
- Make your way across the Sevier River by swimming, wading, running or walking...it all depends on the River Level. You will need to cross the river, ring the bell so the scorekeepers can hear it, than make your way back across the river.
- Start your run back to the Ropes Course, where you will make your way across the Suspension Bridge over the river.
- Run back to the RV Park to the River Crossing and make your way across the Sevier River by swimming, wading, running or walking...it all depends on the River Level. Once you reach the other side....RUN!
- Cross the Bridge to the Finish Line, this time staying ON the bridge and not through the water.